Crime News

Police Shot Man Dead After He Tried to Burn a Boy Alive; Mother of Boy Also Involved in the Act

Police Shot Man Dead After He Tried to Burn a Boy Alive; Mother of Boy Also Involved in the Act

A man was shot and killed by Florida police after they discovered he had tossed a toddler onto a fire. The shot man also attacked the officers with a metal rod and hit the officer on the head.

Officers from the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office and Fire-Rescue Department responded to reports at 4 p.m. on December 19 regarding “several people burning debris — including live ammunition — on the side of the road.”

They discovered Richard Myron Ham, 39, Lakenya Lavonn Phillips, 30, and the nine-year-old son of Ms. Phillips when they got to the scene. Since December 6th, the mother and boy from Wichita, Kansas, have been labeled as “missing and endangered.”

According to the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office, Ham had two metal rods “armed” with him.

Tased for disobeying the deputies, Ham then “dropped the metal rods and pulled the taser probes from his body,” according to the police, indicating that the taser did not affect him.

Then, according to police reports, Ms. Phillips took hold of one of the rods and passed it to Ham, who struck a deputy in the head. At that point, a deputy shot Ham.

Ms Phillips

The shot man was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The boy’s mother was also involved in the whole act. The mother, Ms Phillips was also taken into custody.

The sheriff’s office stated that Ham and Phillips were burning the child’s belongings because they “thought he was possessed by a demon.”

Ham threw the youngster into the flames and “covered him with a blanket that was also on fire,” according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.

Presently under the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families, the child does not appear to be suffering from any major injuries.

Speaking with authorities, the boy stated that he hadn’t had a bath or cleaned his teeth in a minimum of ten days and hadn’t had food for the last 24 hours.

The boy also confirmed that both of them used drugs and used to beat him up a lot. The boy also disclosed ham used to threaten him with a big knife.

The police have also opened probe after the kid said that the knife was also used to kill someone before. The authorities also searched the couple’s car and found “multiple firearms and drugs.”

Ms. Phillips faced charges of attempted murder of a law enforcement official, assault on a law enforcement official, violently resisting arrest, and child abuse. She is presently being held without bond at a jail.

After receiving medical attention at a hospital, the wounded deputy was also released from the doctor’s supervision.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *