The rapper remained in her car for an hour with her sister, Hennessy Carolina, Wednesday night as they waited for Cardi’s husband, Offset, to arrive at Richie Romero’s Wonderland in New York City.
Offset showed up to the adult club with his crew around 1:45 a.m., we hear.
When Cardi finally entered the jiggle joint, she got on the mic to warm up the crowd by shouting, “Let’s get dangerous! Are you ready to get dangerous? I want to hear blood,” a source tells Page Six exclusively.
Cellphones came out as the packed club watched Offset, 30, perform, with Cardi, 29, singing along. The couple had an entourage of up to 17, we’re told.
Other guests who enjoyed the festivities included French Montana, Busta Rhymes, Trey Songz and DJ Clue. DJ Reach spun tunes.
The Bronx rapper also announced, “We got the big cats in the building. Big Bronx in the building, ya heard? We got Offset in the building. We gonna turn up and have a good time!”
When the DJ played a song by Cardi’s rap rival Nicki Minaj, the “Love & Hip Hop: New York” alum “grabbed the mic” and told the DJ to stop playing the tune, a spy tells us. He then put on her and Megan Thee Stallion’s hit “WAP.”
A source says of the couple, “They spent around $5,000.”
Another insider tells us Cardi and Offset picked up takeout from Sei Less, where they tipped $1,000, before heading to Wonderland.
Cardi chose her words more carefully, it seems, after facing some backlash on the night of the Met Gala. After walking the red carpet on May 2 in a gold Versace gown, Cardi stood on the bar at the Top of the Standard and encouraged guests at her party to “take a shot right now, everybody take a line.”
But the Grammy winner later insisted it was just “a joke,” tellings fans via Instagram Live that she feels like she is the celeb who is always “in the principal’s office.”
“Fame has turned me into a prisoner,” she added. “I make one joke … because I am hosting a party and it gets twisted. Why can’t every celebrity joke around and say slick s–t?”
According to several confirmed reports, Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. has been arrested and charged with first degree organized fraud and first degree grand theft. The rising actor of Starz’ BMF series is now facing 60 years in prison if convicted.
The 22-year-old son of famed drug kingpin Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory was arrested in Miami for the charges, but being that the ranking of that type of crime in Florida is so high, it’s likely that the feds will be taking over jurisdiction of his case.
First degree organized fraud carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Ironically, Big Meech is currently serving 30 years in federal prison for a controlling and overseeing a national cocaine trafficking ring.
TheSoure.com will provide more updates to this story as details develop.
However, on Wednesday, the band canceled their tour-ending gigs in Sacramento (tonight, May 18) and Las Vegas (May 20) after bassist Jeff Ament tested positive earlier this morning.
“This is horrible for everybody involved and we are especially sorry to those out there who have made plans to attend these shows,” Pearl Jam said in a statement of the “heartbreaking news.”“Our attention to staying inside the bubble has been constant. We have truly done all that we could have to remain clear of infection.”
Pearl Jam will be back on the road one month from today to kick off their European tour June 18 at the Netherlands’ Pinkpop Festival. Following the summer abroad, the Seattle legends will return stateside for the second leg of their North American tour in support of Gigaton, an arena trek that begins September 1 in Quebec City.
After getting his own blockbuster biopic, Elton John will be fêted with an official documentary, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: The Final Elton John Performances and the Years That Made His Legend.
Co-directed by R.J. Cutler and filmmaker — and John’s husband — David Furnish, the movie will be centered around John’s farewell tour, while also looking back at 1970 to 1975, the monumental period when John released 10 albums and scored some of his biggest hits. The doc will also include an array of unseen concert footage from the past 50 years, as well as John’s handwritten journals and present-day footage of the musician and his family.
An exact timeline for the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road hasn’t been announced yet, but the film is expected to hit the festival circuit and get a limited theatrical release. It will then be exclusively available on Disney+.
“What a thrill and an honor it is that David Furnish and I get to create this intimate and unique look at one of the world’s most celebrated artists,” Cutler said in a statement. “As it has for so many others, Elton John’s music has had deep meaning for me for decades, and this opportunity is nothing short of a career highlight and privilege.”
Furnish added, “Elton and I could not think of a better collaborator than R.J. Cutler for a film that represents more than just Elton’s career — it’s his life. From the Troubadour to Dodger Stadium, we knew that R.J. would help guide Elton’s story and its many layers in a way that feels authentic and evocative. We’re ecstatic to be working together.”
John’s “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour will see him traveling through Europe and the U.K. for most of the summer, before he kicks off his final North American leg at the end of July. The run will wrap with three nights at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Nov. 17 through 20. John has additional dates around the world scheduled through 2023.