Connect with us

Empty Talk

Prince Albert doesn’t pay Princess Charlene $12M a year to stay with him

Published

on

prince-albert-doesn’t-pay-princess-charlene-$12m-a-year-to-stay-with-him

May 11, 2022 | 12:13pm

Friends say Prince Albert II of Monaco does not pay Princess Charlene millions of dollars to stay as his wife, contrary to reports.

The royals’ relationship is back under scrutiny after French magazine Voici claimed last week that Albert was paying Charlene €12 million ($12.5 million) a year to remain by his side.

This follows the former Olympic swimmer’s return to the principality after a long illness that included months in her native South Africa followed by treatment at a clinic in Switzerland.

A source close to Charlene tells Page Six exclusively, “Of course she has a generous prenup, but Albert doesn’t have to pay her to stay.

“After being away for so long during her illness, Charlene is so happy to be back with Albert and the kids. They spend every weekend at their country place. Albert is fully supportive of Charlene and is also helping her with her charities.”

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Charlene and their twins, Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques.
Princess Charlene made her first public appearance since her illness in April at the Monaco E-Prix.
WireImage

The couple plan to put on an united front by hosting a series of events together benefiting Charlene’s foundation for the iconic Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix over the weekend of May 28 and 29, Page Six is told.

The Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation helps children in 40 countries learn to swim and participate in sports and education programs.

Page Six exclusively revealed in November 2021 that Charlene, 44, “almost died” in her native South Africa after undergoing multiple surgeries and losing a worrying amount of weight.

She fell ill while visiting the country in May 2021 during what was meant to be a 10-day trip. The series of surgeries delayed her return to Monaco until later that year.

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II of Monaco walking down the aisle at their wedding.
Albert allegedly tried to flee Monaco three times before the couple’s 2011 wedding.
Getty Images

Friends said at the time that they were concerned the Monaco royal family had been underplaying the seriousness of Charlene’s condition after Albert, 64, gave an interview claiming she had gone into rehab upon her return to the principality. He told People that her illness was the result of “several factors which are private matters.”

“It is unfair that she is being portrayed as having some kind of mental or emotional issue,” a source told us at the time. “We don’t know why the palace is downplaying that she almost died in South Africa.”

The source insisted that Charlene had severe ear, nose and throat infections, which resulted in “severe sinus and swallowing issues stemming back from an earlier surgery.”

“She has not been able to eat solid food in over six months because of all the surgeries she has since gone through,” the source said. “She has only been able to take in liquids through a straw, so she lost nearly half her body weight.”

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques holding
Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques held up “We miss you, Mommy” signs on the balcony of Monaco Palace in November 2021.
AFP via Getty Images

Heartbreakingly, the couple’s 7-year-old twins, Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques, held up signs saying “We miss you, Mommy” and “We love you, Mommy” while appearing at Monaco Palace for National Day of Monaco in November.

Charlene returned to Monaco in March after a four-month stint in a Swiss clinic where she was treated for “emotional and physical exhaustion.” She released a new family photo on Easter.

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Charlene and their twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, in a garden.
Charlene posed with Albert and their twins in April for the first photo since her return to Monaco following a mystery illness.
hshprincesscharlene/Instagram

The princess then made her first public appearance early this month, attending the Monaco E-Prix with Albert and their twins.

She participated in the trophy presentations after the Formula E race and at one point placed her arms around her daughter in a sweet moment.

Monaco Palace reps didn’t immediately get back to us.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Empty Talk

Dave Chappelle’s Attacker Says He Was Inspired by Will Smith’s Oscar Slap

Published

on

dave-chappelle’s-attacker-says-he-was-inspired-by-will-smith’s-oscar-slap

Dave Chappelle’s attacker, Isaiah Lee, has revealed he felt Will Smith’s attack on Chris Rock was commendable. Speaking with the New York Post, the attacker stated the Oscars slap inspired him to take the stage.

“That’s not right what [Chris Rock] said about his wife, calling her GI Jane,” Lee said. After stating the move inspired his actions, Lee added that Smith was right in “standing up for his wife.”

In a different conversation with the Post, Lee said as a member of the LGBTQ community, he wanted Chappelle to know that he should consider all audiences.

“I identify as bisexual… and I wanted him to know what he said was triggering,” he said to the Post. “I wanted him to know that next time, he should consider first running his material by people it could affect.”

Lee has entered a not guilty plea to the misdemeanor charges levied against him after the attack. He was charged with misdemeanor battery, possession of a weapon with intent to assault, unauthorized access to the stage area during a performance, and commission of an act that delays the event or interferes with the performer.

Lee also told the post that he is a single father of a five-year-old. Lee not only took issue with the jokes at the gay community but also stated Chappelle’s jokes toward the homeless were offensive. “It’s a struggle and I wanted Dave Chappelle to know it’s not a joke.”

Lee also stated Chappelle met with him later about the attack to which he told the comedian about his family history. “I told him my mother and grandmother, who fought for his civil rights to be able to speak, would be upset at the things he said,” Lee said. Lee said Chappelle’s response was sharp, “Now your story will die with you, son.”

In addition to his Chappelle attack, Complex reports L.A.’s District Attorney’s Office announced Lee was charged with attempted murder. The new charge is in connection with an incident from 2021.

According to authorities, Lee is accused of stabbing a roomate during an altercation at a housing apartment on Dec. 2. Lee pleaded not guilty.

“The publicity generated by the attack on Mr. Chappelle helped police solve this crime,” said LA County District Attorney George Gascón. “The incident that occurred at the Hollywood Bowl was misdemeanor conduct and rightfully referred to the City Attorney’s Office. Based on the nature and severity of the December attack, Mr. Lee is now facing felony charges which my office will prosecute.”

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Actor Morgan Freeman Named in List 0f Over 900 People Permanently Banned from Russia

Published

on

actor-morgan-freeman-named-in-list-0f-over-900-people-permanently-banned-from-russia

In a random act of legislation, Kremlin, the complex in the center of Moscow that heads the Russian government, has released a list of 900-plus names that are no longer allowed in the country. Among the names are American government leaders like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Hillary Clinton. The surprise name that was included was Morgan Freeman.

Freeman, one of the greatest actors of all time, is believed to be banned as he directed and narrated a 2017 video about Kremlin’s involvement in the U.S. 2016 presidential election. Freeman was joined by Rob Reiner in the creation of the video. Reiner was also banned.

In addition to the aforementioned names, Mark Zuckerberg is also banned, according to Deadline. Russia also permanently banned John McCain, one of three dead senators to make the list.

You can see the video created by Freeman here and see the full release that accompanied the names below.

In the context of responding to the constantly imposed anti-Russian sanctions by the United States and in connection with incoming requests about the personal composition of our national “stop list”, the Russian Foreign Ministry publishes a list of American citizens who are permanently banned from entering the Russian Federation.

We emphasize that the hostile actions taken by Washington, which boomerang against the United States itself, will continue to receive a proper rebuff. Russian counter-sanctions are forced and aimed at forcing the ruling American regime, which is trying to impose a neo-colonial “rules-based world order” on the rest of the world, to change its behavior, recognizing new geopolitical realities.

Russia does not seek confrontation and is open to honest, mutually respectful dialogue, separating the American people, who are always respected by us, from the US authorities, who incite Russophobia, and those who serve them. It is these people who are included in the Russian “black list.”

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Gunna’s Bond Release Denied in YSL RICO Case, Trial Set for January

Published

on

gunna’s-bond-release-denied-in-ysl-rico-case,-trial-set-for-january

An attempt to get Gunna from jail was denied. According to Billboard, Georgia Judge Ural Glanville denied bond to Gunna at the Fulton County Superior Court on Monday. Gunna is set to remain behind bars until his trial begins in January 2023.

During the court session, Judge Glanville listened to prosecutors who expressed concern about witness intimidation if Gunna was released on bond. Prosecutors suggested Gunna and Young Thug were the leaders of their organization and orchestrated the violence.

“They are the ones directing the violence,” a prosecutor said. “They directed their troops.”

“The court was obviously concerned about threats and intimidation of witnesses,” said Gunna’s attorney Steven Sadow. “We believe when the court hears evidence, not just the words of the prosecutor, it will find that Sergio’s release on bond will not, directly or indirectly, pose a significant risk to witnesses. We look forward to having an evidentiary hearing on this as soon as the court permits.”

Before turning himself in to law enforcement due to the RICO indictment of YSL Records, Gunna reportedly made sure to take care of his family and business. TMZ reports Gunna went and saw his relatives, specifically his mother, before turning himself in.

Gunna reportedly made sure that the continued releases associated with his DS4ever album continued on the business end. The next release is believed to be a video for the single “Banking On Me.”

Gunna was indicted last Wednesday. Following the indictment, his lawyers have claimed his innocence and pointed out how police are using his lyrics against him.

Early Wednesday morning (May 11), Gunna surrendered to Fulton County officials. Gunna is accused of plotting to break the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. The “Pushin P” rapper was among at least 28 individuals, including Young Thug, charged with RICO this week by the Fulton County District Attorney.

Gunna, real name Sergio Kitchens, is accused of being a member of the Young Slime Life gang, which the D.A. claims are responsible for 80% of the city’s violent crime.

Continue Reading

Trending

  • Sign up to be notified of our latest news!