Minnie Driver claims Harvey Weinstein did not want her in “Good Will Hunting.”Getty Images
Minnie Driver claims she never would have starred in “Good Will Hunting” had Harvey Weinstein had his way.
The actress alleged in a new interview with the UK Times that the disgraced film producer allegedly told a casting director — along with producers and star Matt Damon — that “nobody would want to f–k her.”
The English-born actress — who was dating Damon while filming the movie — said she felt “so devastated” by the alleged comment at the time, until she considered the source.
“That is an unutterable pig. Why on earth are you worried about this f–k saying that you are not sexy?” Driver, 52, said of Weinstein, 70.
“But there are ramifications of that: that maybe I am not going to be hired because people don’t think I have the sexual quality that is required.”
She continued, “How awful to think that I was one of the lucky ones [who escaped him] because he didn’t think I was f–kable. And how amazing and wonderful that it has turned around and young men and women in my industry are not going to experience that.”
The 1997 Gus Van Sant film landed Driver an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress, though the accolade went to Kim Basinger for “L.A. Confidential.”
As for Weinstein, the Miramax co-founder is serving a 23-year prison sentence for rape and sexual assault following his conviction in February 2020.
As Page Six previously reported, more than 80 women accused Weinstein of sexual abuse in 2017 and he was arrested and charged the following year.
While Driver was not one of the women who came forward with abuse allegations, she previously claimed that her experience with him was unpleasant and sexist.
“He didn’t want to cast me [in ‘Good Will Hunting’] … but that’s just business,” she told the New York Times in February 2018. “I got off lightly with him. I really did. When we talk about sexual harassment, it’s not about sex, it’s about power.”
According to several confirmed reports, Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. has been arrested and charged with first degree organized fraud and first degree grand theft. The rising actor of Starz’ BMF series is now facing 60 years in prison if convicted.
The 22-year-old son of famed drug kingpin Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory was arrested in Miami for the charges, but being that the ranking of that type of crime in Florida is so high, it’s likely that the feds will be taking over jurisdiction of his case.
First degree organized fraud carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Ironically, Big Meech is currently serving 30 years in federal prison for a controlling and overseeing a national cocaine trafficking ring.
TheSoure.com will provide more updates to this story as details develop.
However, on Wednesday, the band canceled their tour-ending gigs in Sacramento (tonight, May 18) and Las Vegas (May 20) after bassist Jeff Ament tested positive earlier this morning.
“This is horrible for everybody involved and we are especially sorry to those out there who have made plans to attend these shows,” Pearl Jam said in a statement of the “heartbreaking news.”“Our attention to staying inside the bubble has been constant. We have truly done all that we could have to remain clear of infection.”
Pearl Jam will be back on the road one month from today to kick off their European tour June 18 at the Netherlands’ Pinkpop Festival. Following the summer abroad, the Seattle legends will return stateside for the second leg of their North American tour in support of Gigaton, an arena trek that begins September 1 in Quebec City.
After getting his own blockbuster biopic, Elton John will be fêted with an official documentary, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: The Final Elton John Performances and the Years That Made His Legend.
Co-directed by R.J. Cutler and filmmaker — and John’s husband — David Furnish, the movie will be centered around John’s farewell tour, while also looking back at 1970 to 1975, the monumental period when John released 10 albums and scored some of his biggest hits. The doc will also include an array of unseen concert footage from the past 50 years, as well as John’s handwritten journals and present-day footage of the musician and his family.
An exact timeline for the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road hasn’t been announced yet, but the film is expected to hit the festival circuit and get a limited theatrical release. It will then be exclusively available on Disney+.
“What a thrill and an honor it is that David Furnish and I get to create this intimate and unique look at one of the world’s most celebrated artists,” Cutler said in a statement. “As it has for so many others, Elton John’s music has had deep meaning for me for decades, and this opportunity is nothing short of a career highlight and privilege.”
Furnish added, “Elton and I could not think of a better collaborator than R.J. Cutler for a film that represents more than just Elton’s career — it’s his life. From the Troubadour to Dodger Stadium, we knew that R.J. would help guide Elton’s story and its many layers in a way that feels authentic and evocative. We’re ecstatic to be working together.”
John’s “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour will see him traveling through Europe and the U.K. for most of the summer, before he kicks off his final North American leg at the end of July. The run will wrap with three nights at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Nov. 17 through 20. John has additional dates around the world scheduled through 2023.