Connect with us

Empty Talk

Wendy Williams vows TV return this fall, but sources say it’s not happening

Published

on

wendy-williams-vows-tv-return-this-fall,-but-sources-say-it’s-not-happening

May 9, 2022 | 8:55pm

No matter how she slices it, Wendy Williams is not returning to her eponymous talk show this fall.

The TV host remains emphatic that she’ll be back in her purple chair in September — but it’s “logistically impossible,” according to multiple insiders.

For starters, TV pros point out, the production company, Debmar-Mercury, signed a deal with “The View” alum Sherri Shepherd to take over Williams’ time slots.

“Where’s she gonna go? It’s done. Logistically, it won’t work. Sherri has her time slots,” an insider told Page Six.

Williams sat down for an IG Live with Fat Joe over the weekend and insisted she’ll “absolutely” be returning, and that she won’t be tuning in for Shepherd’s show.

“I’m coming back to ‘The Wendy Williams Show.’ Absolutely. Absolutely,” she told the rapper, who has been filling in with Remy Ma as a guest-host during Williams’ absence.

Wendy Williams
“The Wendy Williams Show” ran for 14 seasons.
Courtesy of The Wendy Williams S

And when it comes to Shepherd’s show: “That’s not really my thing… anyway, but I love being on my own show, and I love that people love to watch it all the time,” she said.

Fat Joe has been one of multiple guest hosts to fill in for Williams during her year-long absence. Williams even told him she only wants him and Ma to fill in for her going forward.

“I love everyone hosting it, but I have to say, I wish you only did that… I love you two or just her or just you,” she said.

Another insider told us Debmar-Mercury “is not happy” that Fat Joe interviewed Williams.

Wendy Williams
Williams recently attended a Met gala afterparty with Hollywood Unlocked founder Jason Lee.
Sansho Scott/BFA.com

“He didn’t give them a heads-up about it and she did not appear well. She didn’t seem like she was all there. At times, she couldn’t even complete a sentence,” the source said.

They also said the elephant in the room is that “Wendy is uninsurable.”

“She has not been able to consistently work… She did not have the mental and physical capacity to host her show,” they said. “[Debmar] wanted her back more than anybody. They would’ve loved for her to finish out this chapter.”

“The Wendy Williams Show” will officially end in June. Williams — who originally stepped away from her show due to ongoing health issues — could not be reached for comment. A rep for the show and Debmar-Mercury did not get back to us.

Williams is currently in a nasty legal battle with Wells Fargo after they froze her account in February claiming she needs guardianship. Williams is also mounting her comeback. She hit up a Met gala afterparty last week and was also recently seen at power eatery Fresco By Scotto talking to pals about her planned TV comeback.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Empty Talk

Lil Meech Arrested On Fraud And Grand Theft Charges In Miami

Published

on

lil-meech-arrested-on-fraud-and-grand-theft-charges-in-miami

According to several confirmed reports, Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. has been arrested and charged with first degree organized fraud and first degree grand theft. The rising actor of Starz’ BMF series is now facing 60 years in prison if convicted.

The 22-year-old son of famed drug kingpin Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory was arrested in Miami for the charges, but being that the ranking of that type of crime in Florida is so high, it’s likely that the feds will be taking over jurisdiction of his case.

First degree organized fraud carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Ironically, Big Meech is currently serving 30 years in federal prison for a controlling and overseeing a national cocaine trafficking ring.

TheSoure.com will provide more updates to this story as details develop.

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Pearl Jam Cancel Final U.S. Tour Dates After Jeff Ament Tests Positive for Covid

Published

on

pearl-jam-cancel-final-us.-tour-dates-after-jeff-ament-tests-positive-for-covid

Pearl Jam were forced to cancel the final two shows on their North American tour after another member of the band tested positive for Covid.

This past week, Pearl Jam managed to persevere through drummer Matt Cameron’s Covid-related absence by enlisting audience members in Oakland and reuniting with former drummer Dave Krusen in Fresno.

However, on Wednesday, the band canceled their tour-ending gigs in Sacramento (tonight, May 18) and Las Vegas (May 20) after bassist Jeff Ament tested positive earlier this morning. 

“This is horrible for everybody involved and we are especially sorry to those out there who have made plans to attend these shows,” Pearl Jam said in a statement of the “heartbreaking news.”  “Our attention to staying inside the bubble has been constant. We have truly done all that we could have to remain clear of infection.”

Pearl Jam will be back on the road one month from today to kick off their European tour June 18 at the Netherlands’ Pinkpop Festival. Following the summer abroad, the Seattle legends will return stateside for the second leg of their North American tour in support of Gigaton, an arena trek that begins September 1 in Quebec City.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Elton John to Get the Official Documentary Treatment With ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’

Published

on

elton-john-to-get-the-official-documentary-treatment-with-‘goodbye-yellow-brick-road’

After getting his own blockbuster biopic, Elton John will be fêted with an official documentary, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: The Final Elton John Performances and the Years That Made His Legend. 

Co-directed by R.J. Cutler and filmmaker — and John’s husband — David Furnish, the movie will be centered around John’s farewell tour, while also looking back at 1970 to 1975, the monumental period when John released 10 albums and scored some of his biggest hits. The doc will also include an array of unseen concert footage from the past 50 years, as well as John’s handwritten journals and present-day footage of the musician and his family. 

An exact timeline for the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road hasn’t been announced yet, but the film is expected to hit the festival circuit and get a limited theatrical release. It will then be exclusively available on Disney+. 

“What a thrill and an honor it is that David Furnish and I get to create this intimate and unique look at one of the world’s most celebrated artists,” Cutler said in a statement. “As it has for so many others, Elton John’s music has had deep meaning for me for decades, and this opportunity is nothing short of a career highlight and privilege.”

Furnish added, “Elton and I could not think of a better collaborator than R.J. Cutler for a film that represents more than just Elton’s career — it’s his life. From the Troubadour to Dodger Stadium, we knew that R.J. would help guide Elton’s story and its many layers in a way that feels authentic and evocative. We’re ecstatic to be working together.”

John’s “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour will see him traveling through Europe and the U.K. for most of the summer, before he kicks off his final North American leg at the end of July. The run will wrap with three nights at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Nov. 17 through 20. John has additional dates around the world scheduled through 2023. 

Continue Reading

Trending

  • Sign up to be notified of our latest news!