Connect with us

Politics

“Booster” passports now mandated across Quebec for citizens to participate in society

Published

on

“booster”-passports-now-mandated-across-quebec-for-citizens-to-participate-in-society
Image: “Booster” passports now mandated across Quebec for citizens to participate in society

(Natural News)
Quebec will update its vaccine passport system to work only for individuals who have had their Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) booster shots, in accordance with the state’s current mandates. Those who have not gotten their boosters will be blocked from participating in some parts of society.

The third dose will be made a requirement soon, according to Health Minister Christina Dube.

While she did not provide an exact date for the change, she did say that it would only be made once Quebec citizens have been given the chance to get their third dose. The booster shot has so far been available to individuals aged 50 and above and will be available for 18- to 49-year-olds beginning January 17.

Dube also announced that individuals will be required to show proof that they are adequately vaccinated in order to enter liquor stores and government-run stores selling recreational cannabis beginning January 18, as a measure for the province, which is now ramping up its efforts to slow down the rapid increase of COVID-19 hospitalizations. (Related: Privacy groups warn coronavirus vaccination passports “unfair” until jabs are widely available.)

She claimed that the measures were necessary to protect unvaccinated individuals, who represent at least half of those in hospitals suffering from the virus. She added that those who are unhappy with the situation are free to get vaccinated since it’s free. She further added that the government is considering extending the use of vaccine passports to “non-essential” businesses such as personal care services.

Brighteon.TV

“By limiting the places they [the unvaccinated] can go, we’re limiting their contacts,” she added. “If you don’t want to get vaccinated, stay home.”

Almost 20,000 health care workers absent

The province reported 1,953 COVID-19 cases on January 6, but that number could continue to rise, according to its healthcare research institute. The latest projections indicate that over 3,400 Quebecers could be in the hospital with COVID-19 in two weeks.

The institute clarified that the projections did not take into account the province’s health measures, such as overnight curfews, closing of restaurant dining rooms and delaying face-to-face schooling for elementary and high school students.

As hospitalizations continue, so did the number of healthcare workers who skipped work due to the virus. Most recently, the minister said that the total has ballooned to nearly 20,000.

Dominique Anglade, the leader of the province’s Liberal Party, said the government has lost control of the situation as they did not do enough to anticipate and slow down the fifth wave. (Related: People around the world rally against lockdowns, vaccine mandates and vaccine passports.)

She also highlighted the absence of Quebec Premier Francois Legault, who did not participate in the January 6 news conference and has not had a public appearance during the week. Anglade called Legault’s absence “unacceptable.”

The Liberal Party leader also noted the fact that the province has modified its vaccination requirements, reduced the availability of PCR tests and changed isolation rules for the general population and staff and children at daycares, which is adding a lot of anxiety to the population.

Quebec has over 12,000 deaths related to COVID-19, the most in Canada.

Watch the video below for more information on how Quebec is handling the pandemic.

This video is from “The Prisoner” channel on Brighteon.com.

Get more COVID-19 updates at Pandemic.news.

Sources include:

ReclaimTheNet.org

CBC.ca

Brighteon.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Politics

New York Governor Blames ‘Illegal Gun’ in Fatal Shooting of NYPD Officer

Published

on

new-york-governor-blames-‘illegal-gun’-in-fatal-shooting-of-nypd-officer

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) blamed an “illegal gun” in the fatal shooting of NYPD officer Jason Rivera on Friday night.

Rivera, 22, was shot and killed and a second officer, Wilbert More, 27, was shot and wounded, Breitbart News reported.

The shooting suspect, Lashawn McNeil, 47, opened fire on Rivera and More as they approached him in a long hallway, CBS New York noted. McNeill was then shot twice by a third officer.

On Saturday, Hochul tweeted, “Last night, a shot from an illegal gun took the life of a NYPD officer.” 

Last night, a shot from an illegal gun took the life of a @NYPDnews officer.

When I say we’re going to do everything we can to stop the scourge of illegal guns in our state, it’s not just talk. We are tripling funding for efforts to get these guns off the streets. pic.twitter.com/zXv0xbL4Em

— Kathy Hochul (@GovKathyHochul) January 22, 2022

“When I say we’re going to do everything we can to stop the scourge of illegal guns in our state, it’s not just talk. We are tripling funding for efforts to get these guns off the streets,” Hochul added.

New York Mayor Eric Adams (D) responded to the shooting death of Rivera by calling for more gun control, Breitbart News reported

New York has some of the most stringent gun controls in the country. Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety ranks New York No. 3 in the nation “for gun law strength.”

Those laws include everything the Democrats are pushing at the federal level under the guise of safety, including universal background checks, a “high capacity” magazine ban, an “assault weapons” ban, a permit requirement to buy a handgun, a red flag law, gun storage requirements, “ghost gun” regulations, and a prohibition against gun possession by felons, among other controls.

McNeil, the man who allegedly shot the NYPD officers Friday night, is a convicted felon.

AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkinsa weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him at awrhawkins@breitbart.com. You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.

Continue Reading

Politics

Gingrich: January 6 Committee, AG Garland ‘Lynch Mob’ ‘Face a Real Risk of Jail for the Kind of Laws They Are Breaking’

Published

on

gingrich:-january-6-committee,-ag-garland-‘lynch-mob’-‘face-a-real-risk-of-jail-for-the-kind-of-laws-they-are-breaking’

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich sees alleged abuses by the House Select Committee and the Department of Justice investigating the January 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol as having consequences.

During an appearance on FNC’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Gingrich suggested those who he said were misusing and abusing the process could “face a real risk of jail” for the laws they had broken during the so-called investigation.

“Well, you have, both with Attorney General Garland and with this select committee on January 6, people who have run amok,” he said. “They are breaking the rules. They are going after people in a way which is reminiscent of the British monarchy using closed-door systems that we outlawed deliberately because we’d seen it. We knew what it was like. And they’re running over people’s civil liberties. And what they need to understand is, on January 4 next year, you’re going to have a Republican majority in the House and a Republican majority in the Senate.”

“And all these people who’ve been so tough and so mean and so nasty are going to be delivered subpoenas for every document, every conversation, every tweet, every email, because I think it’s clear that this — these are people who are literally just running over the law, pursuing innocent people, causing them to spend thousands and thousands of dollars in legal fees, for no justification,” Gingrich continued. “And it’s basically a lynch mob.”

“Unfortunately, the attorney general of the United States has joined that lynch mob and is totally misusing the FBI,” he added. “And I think, when you have a Republican Congress, this is all going to come crashing down, and the wolves are going to find out that they’re now sheep. And they’re the ones who are, in fact, going to, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kind of laws they are breaking.”

Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor

Continue Reading

Politics

CBS Host Stunned NOT ONE Participant in Face the Nation’s Focus Group Believes America is in a Better Place After One Year of Joe Biden (VIDEO)

Published

on

cbs-host-stunned-not-one-participant-in-face-the-nation’s-focus-group-believes-america-is-in-a-better-place-after-one-year-of-joe-biden-(video)

After Joe Biden’s first year in office, NOT ONE participant in Face the Nation’s focus group believes America is in a better place.

CBS host Margaret Brennan was stunned when the entire panel of six participants, including Biden voters, said America is on the wrong path.

“During the course of the pandemic, “Face the Nation” has been listening to Americans, through Zoom, to get their thoughts on COVID, the economy and how the government is handling it all. On Friday, we checked back in with six of them,” host Margaret Brennan said.

“Who feels like we are in a better place now than we were a year ago?” Brennan asked the panel of six participants.

TRENDING: Wisconsin Speaker Vos Is Secretly Pushing Legislation to Increase Number of Drop Boxes After Judge Ruled Them Illegal in State

Every participant said no.

Margaret Brennan was stunned: “No one believes we are in a better spot?”

“I just don’t understand. I thought this is going to be a president for the people of the people,” said Beth, an Independent voter.

Even the Biden voters on the panel blasted Joe Biden.

VIDEO:

Continue Reading

Trending