Connect with us

Empty Talk

Queen Elizabeth II Strips Prince Andrew of Military Affiliations, Royal Patronages Amid Sexual Abuse Case

Published

on

queen-elizabeth-ii-strips-prince-andrew-of-military-affiliations,-royal-patronages-amid-sexual-abuse-case

Jeffrey Epstein’s Confidante Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested

Amid his legal trouble, Prince Andrew has had his military affiliations and remaining Royal patronages stripped away by his mom, Queen Elizabeth II.

 

“With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Jan. 13, per BBC. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

Additionally, a royal source told NBC News that Prince Andrew “will no longer use the style ‘His Royal Highness’ in any official capacity.”

 

The announcement comes less than 24 hours after a judge denied the Duke of York’s motion to have a lawsuit brought against him by Virginia Giuffre dismissed.

 

In August 2021, Giuffre filed a lawsuit against the Duke of York at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. According to the documents obtained by E! News, she accused Prince Andrew of sexually abusing her on three separate occasions, claiming he knew that she was being trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein and his associate, Ghislaine Maxwell, while she was under the age of 18. 

Following a trial, in December 2021, a jury found Maxwell guilty of five of six counts of federal sex trafficking charges. She faces a sentence of up to 65 years in person. According to NBC News, during her trial, Maxwell’s lawyers argued that it was “Epstein who pulled the strings” and became the focus of federal prosecutors after Epstein was found dead in his jail cell in August 2019.

In the complaint Giuffre filed against Prince Andrew, it stated, “Twenty years ago, Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her. It is long past the time for him to be held to account.”

Dan Kitwood/Getty Images

Additionally, the lawsuit stated that the alleged sexual and physical abuse of Giuffre caused “significant emotional and psychological distress and harm.” Giuffre is seeking damages for battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

E! News reached out to representatives of Prince Andrew at the time of filing for comment but did not hear back.

In a 2019 BBC interview, Prince Andrew denied Giuffre’s sexual assault allegations, saying that he “doesn’t remember meeting” her. Giuffre, who would have been 17 years old at the time, previously brought forth the allegations in court and documentaries

Additionally, Prince Andrew also suggested that an alleged photo of himself with Giuffre might’ve been altered, as he has “absolutely no memory of that photograph ever being taken,” and denied being at the locations on the dates suggested by Giuffre. Following backlash over the interview, in 2019, the Duke of York announced he would step back from his public royal duties.

Want the latest from inside the palace walls? Click here to join our tea party and receive updates straight to your inbox.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Empty Talk

Saba Announces ‘Few Good Things: The Short Film’ Digital Streaming Event

Published

on

saba-announces-‘few-good-things:-the-short-film’-digital-streaming-event

Saba will present Few Good Things: The Short Film on Monday, January 31st and Tuesday, February 1st in support of his highly anticipated Few Good Things album, which will be released on February 4th. The international premiere will be broadcast live on Moment House, a premium social live media platform, and will be followed by a discussion between Saba and film director C.T. Robert, led by Brandon “Jinx” Jenkins.

Saba’s moment will air on Moment House on Monday, January 31st and Tuesday, February 1st and will be broadcast across North and South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, as well as the United Kingdom, Europe, and Africa. Please consult the table below for live stream dates and timings by territory, as well as other information on Moment House’s website.

unnamed 1 10
unnamed 1 10

“The concept of ‘Few Good Things’ is the realization of self after a search for exterior fulfillment,” said Saba“It is the satisfaction and completeness you gain by simply living a life that is yours. Few is a small number, but few is not lonely. In the face of all adversity, a few good things is recognizing and accepting blessings. Few is to count them, one by one – an empty glass is full of air, an empty bank is full of lessons., and an empty heart is full of memories. Few good things is to grow comfortable with the empty, and despite that, finding your fullness.”

Film director C.T. Robert adds, “As a storyteller, I’ve always been drawn to stories that attempt to identify what makes us who we are. The ones that ask questions like: ‘What does having everything you need really look like?’ ‘Is it sitting at a dinner table with your loved ones?’ ‘Is it waking up next to the woman you love?’ ‘Is it having cherished memories for all of those you care for, those still in the physical and those who passed on?’”

Tickets for the short film can be purchased here.

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Elvis Costello Delivers Energetic Performance of ‘Farewell, OK’ on ‘Colbert’

Published

on

elvis-costello-delivers-energetic-performance-of-‘farewell,-ok’-on-‘colbert’

Elvis Costello and the Imposters took to the stage on Friday’s episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to give a rousing performance of “Farewell, OK,” the lead track from the group’s latest album, The Boy Named If.

The song tells the story of a relationship gone off the rails, with one party wondering how things might have gone differently. “Ran my hand in the rhythm along the ballroom wall,” Costello sings. “Felt the rumble of the bass through the entrance hall/ And the door flung open to a mascara cry/ I can’t shake the sound of ‘How could you or why?’”

“Like a lot of good rock and roll songs this began with a drummer down in a basement and a singer howling outside the backdoor,” Costello said in a statement about the track. “It’s a blurred gaze, a drink too much, an accidental punch and a kiss goodnight all in the tumult of a dancehall.”

The My Aim is True rocker also surprised the audience with a rendition of his classic hit, “(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding.” The song, which appeared on Costello’s 1979 LP Armed Forces, was originally written by English singer-songwriter Nick Lowe.

The Boy Named If dropped earlier this month. In an interview about the album for Rolling Stone’s Last Word column, Costello shared what still attracts him to writing rock music after nearly five decades in the business.

“I don’t like much rock music. I like rock & roll,” the 67-year-old said. “I think if you lose the roll part, a lot of the fun goes out of it.”

Costello is set to hit the road this summer in support of The Boy Named If with a short UK tour. Most information about the shows can be found on Costello’s website.

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Arnold Schwarzenegger Involved in Multi-Car Accident

Published

on

arnold-schwarzenegger-involved-in-multi-car-accident

Joseph Baena Dishes on Acting & Dad Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger was involved in a car crash on Friday, Jan. 21, his rep confirmed to NBC News.

Per TMZ, the former governor of California was driving his SUV in Los Angeles when he allegedly collided with a red Prius around 5 p.m. The outlet published photos of Schwarzenegger, 74, on the scene of a crash.

A spokesperson for the LAPD told E! News that officers responded to a four-vehicle crash on Sunset Blvd, after one vehicle “landed” on top of another. One woman was taken by ambulance to the hospital with “minor abrasions,” per the spokesperson, who added that her injuries are not life threatening.

Police did not confirm the identities of the people involved in the accident.

The actor’s rep told NBC News, “His main concern is for the woman from the other vehicle.”

E! News reached out to Schwarzenegger’s rep for comment but has not heard back. Per TMZ, Schwarzenegger is OK.

The Terminator star shares four children (Katherine, Patrick, Christopher and Christina) with ex Maria Shriver and son Joseph Baena with his former housekeeper, Mildred Patricia Baena.

Martin Rauscher/SEPA.Media /Getty Images

Earlier this week, Joseph spoke on the Unwaxed podcast about his relationship with his dad. 

“I’m so close to my dad and we joke about everything,” he shared. “He always wants to hear about the drama. He’s like, ‘Tell me everything! Tell me the drama. Tell me about these girls.'”

But Joseph noted, “I also have to point out that with my relationship with my dad, it took a little while for me and him to get really close and just joke around with him and talk about anything.”

Continue Reading

Trending