Connect with us

Empty Talk

Novak Djokovic Addresses ‘Misinformation’ on Australian Travel Form

Published

on

novak-djokovic-addresses-‘misinformation’-on-australian-travel-form

Novak Djokovic released a statement on Wednesday to “clarify misinformation,” which included discrepancies in an Australian travel document used last week to enter the country, as Australian officials consider whether he should be deported.

The unvaccinated tennis star, whose visa was initially rejected last week but the decision was overturned by a judge, is hoping to win his 21st grand slam singles title at the Australian Open which begins on Monday.

In Djokovic’s new statement released on Instagram, he addressed a travel document error, which claimed he had not traveled internationally for two weeks prior to arriving in Australia. The Number One-ranked male tennis champion said his agent made an “administrative mistake in ticking the incorrect box.”

“This was a human error and certainly not deliberate,” he wrote. “We are living in challenging times in a global pandemic and sometimes these mistakes can occur.” His travel declaration appeared to conflict with social media images of him traveling between Spain and Serbia.

He also addressed questions surrounding when he tested positive for Covid-19 in Serbia, which was the basis for his request for an exemption to Australia’s stringent requirement that visitors be vaccinated.

In his post, he said he attended a basketball game in Belgrade on Dec. 14, and said he took a rapid antigen test and PCR test on Dec. 16 after some attendees tested positive. He said he did not have symptoms and the rapid test was negative. While awaiting the PCR results on Dec. 17 he said he took another rapid test that was also negative before attending a tennis event “to present awards to children.” He said after that event, he received a positive PCR result. The date in his new statement also appears to conflict with documents he provided to Australian officials that claimed his positive result came in the day prior, as The New York Times reports.

Despite testing positive, the next day he participated in an interview and photo shoot “to fulfill a longstanding commitment,” he said, adding, “this was an error of judgement and I accept that I should have rescheduled this commitment.”

Djokovic has been practicing at Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park ahead of the Australian Open.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Empty Talk

ASAP Bari Says He’s Against Sexual Acts Involving Both Men and Women

Published

on

asap-bari-says-he’s-against-sexual-acts-involving-both-men-and-women

ASAP Bari is finding himself in the media after a few comments he made to his Instagram are raising a few eyebrows from his supporters, being that the 30-year-old was spotted attending Paris Fashion Week alongside Pharell Williams and Kanye West, Gunna, and Julia Fox at the start of this week.

“Y’all females better watch out from These low key gay n*ggas…Y’all better stop going through n*gga texts and start looking at they pornhub Lol…F*cking girls and guys was never cool,” he wrote on his story.

“I love gay ppl by the way I hate low key gay n*ggas who deal with females but on the low date guys,” ASAP Bari continued. “Stay True to urself and others.”

While many supporters of the influencer seemed to agree with his words, others were upset about his homophobic comments, sparking outrage on social media.

For someone who hates gay dudes he sure does talk about them a lot

— pierre drop ig hoes (@BigOleDoggy1056) January 25, 2022

Some social media users even brought up Bari’s sexual assault case from three years ago where he was accused of aggressively slapping a woman’s rear end and then demanding oral sex from her.

who cares what convicted rapist asap bari has to say man

— ard (@SAINt_ARD) January 25, 2022

Check out the conversation here.

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Travis Scott Fans Start Petition to Have Rapper Perform at Coachella 2023

Published

on

travis-scott-fans-start-petition-to-have-rapper-perform-at-coachella-2023

Travis Scott fans unite.

Since the tragedy that took place at the Astro World festival, Travis Scott has been in a bad spot in the public eye as many feel the rapper should be held accountable for the ten lives that were lost at his Houston festival.

Back in November, Travis Scott would hold a music festival with over 50,000 attendees. The pressure of so many people packed together in a tight space caused a drastic tragedy that would leave 10 attendees dead and hundreds injured. Following the festival, Scott offered to help pay for funeral costs for some of the victims of the tragedy but his offerings were turned down.

As the news of the tragedy got larger in the media, Scott began to go silent while many festivals began to remove the performer from their lineup including Coachella.

Travis Scott really wanted to perform for his fans at the upcoming Coachella festival this year, and even reportedly offered to perform for free before being denied all around.

It seems as though Travis Scott fans are trying to make their voices heard following a petition recently started for the rapper to perform at Coachella in 2023. The petition reportedly received over 70,000 signatures.

“After Coachella unfairly removed Travis Scott for Harry Styles, they need to do the right thing and rebook him immediately. Coachella switched Travis and Frank for Harry Styles and Billie Eilish? What kind of message does that send?” the petition reads.

It seems unlikely that Scott will be able to redeem himself anytime soon, however it’s surprising to see the rapper receive support from fans at this time.

Do you think Scott should be allowed to perform on big stages again? Share your thoughts with us on social media.

Continue Reading

Empty Talk

Hear the Famously Awful Smiths Song Morrissey Called Out in Letter to Johnny Marr

Published

on

hear-the-famously-awful-smiths-song-morrissey-called-out-in-letter-to-johnny-marr

It’s not quite clear what Johnny Marr said recently to piss off Morrissey, but it resulted in an extremely bitchy “open letter” from the former Smiths singer to his one-time guitarist and songwriting partner.

“You don’t know me,” Morrissey wrote. “You know nothing of my life, my intentions, my thoughts, my feelings. Yet you talk as if you were my personal psychiatrist with consistent and uninterrupted access to my instincts. We haven’t known each other for 35 years — which is many lifetimes ago. When we met you and I were not successful. We both helped each other become whatever it is we are today.

“Can you not just leave it that?” he continued. “Must you persistently, year after year, decade after decade, blame me for everything…from the 2007 Solomon Islands tsunami to the dribble on your grandma’s chin?”

Marr responded with a brief tweet. “An ‘open letter’ hasn’t really been a thing since 1953,” he wrote. “It’s all ‘social media’ now. Even Donald J Trump had that one down. Also, this fake news business…a bit 2021 yeah ? #makingindiegreatagain.”

Had he elaborated, he would have probably explained that he never really wants to talk about Morrissey in interviews. It’s just that most everyone who interviews Marr brings up Morrissey at some point and asks him a direct question about the singer’s most recent scandalous public statement. Marr begrudgingly gives some sort of response, and it generates headlines. (We can tell you from personal experience, Marr would much rather speak about basically anything besides Morrissey when he’s being interviewed.)

“You found me inspirational enough to make music with me for six years,” Morrissey wrote midway through his missive. “If I was, as you claim, such an eyesore monster, where exactly did this leave you? Kidnapped? Mute? Chained? Abducted by cross-eyed extraterrestrials? It was YOU who played guitar on ‘Golden Lights’ — not me.”

That’s the only Smiths song that Morrissey calls out in his entire letter, and it’s a very odd one to highlight since it’s an obscure cover of a 1965 tune by English singer-songwriter Twinkle that originally appeared as a B side to “Ask.” Most hardcore Smiths fans consider it one of the worst tunes in their catalog. When Rolling Stone‘s Rob Sheffield ranked all 73 Smiths songs, he placed “Golden Lights” at number 67.

“For reasons nobody has ever explained, ‘Golden Lights’ got enshrined on the Louder Than Bombs compilation, so it’s earned its legend as a song fans love to hate,” he wrote, “although you have to give it bonus points for turning into such a hilarious disaster.”

Morrissey could have called out Marr’s work on “How Soon Is Now?,” “The Queen Is Dead,” “Panic,” “This Charming Man,” or any number of brilliant songs they wrote together. But he went with “Golden Lights.” Check it out above to see if Smiths fans are correct to hate on it so much.

Oh, and for those few remaining Smiths fans that still think a reunion is possible at some point, read Morrissey’s complete letter again. This is not a man about to let bygones be bygones and sign a $100 million deal with Live Nation for a worldwide reunion tour. He doesn’t even want Johnny Marr to utter his name aloud. Sharing the stage with him and their old buddies Mike and Andy is an impossible dream that is never, ever happening.

Continue Reading

Trending